Director of National Project Operations
For the Director of National Project Operations at OTI, we’re looking for an enthusiastic and passionate leader with strong business process and operations management skills to join our growing team. In this newly created role, you will work closely with our President and Account Management teams to continue re-engineering our business processes and enhancing our project operations.
The first big thing you’ll do is help define, shape and operationalize our project processes and procedures and oversee their implementation across the organization. You’ll own and help further define a wide range of key project performance indicators, feedback cycles, and project reviews. You’ll ensure that our current project staffing, customer onboarding, implementation and project execution exceeds the expectations of our clients, and that success is duplicated in all future OTI projects across North America.
KEY ELEMENTS OF THIS ROLE
Under minimal supervision, the successful Director of National Project Operations will take ownership of business processes and implement creative solutions across our workforce, which is distributed widely throughout the United States, Mexico and Canada.
- Partner with our project leadership and account management teams to define, establish and operationalize new internal policies, project implementation guidelines and business processes that lead to successful client engagements.
- Lead new projects as needed until proper people resources are in place to exceed client expectations.
- Identify the need, facilitate the evaluation and selection of tools and technologies to meet growing needs across internal functions.
- Identify, recruit and on-board new positions across the organization.
- Help resolve strategic issues that affect the functioning of immediate projects. Consult with and guide leadership teams through changes to ensure future success.
- Establish trust and respect across OTI in order to explain and enforce the project operation policies of the organization.
- Collaborate with project teams to design and develop metrics, reports and dashboards that drive key business decisions and improve business performance.
- Consult with internal managers and business leaders to identify gaps/opportunities for process improvements, revenue growth and client satisfaction.
- Document new and existing project operations, solutions and implementations to create a knowledge base for everyone in the organization.
- Lead and seek out new projects, new people and new opportunities for yourself and the team.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE AS THESE CHARACTERISTICS:
- A growth mindset and a high tolerance for ambiguity as the organization undergoes substantial expansion across the U.S., Mexico and Canada.
- Diplomatic team player who can work cross-functionally and collaboratively across the organization.
- Results-driven and hands-on with a strong ability to coach and mentor fellow staff members.
- Great software skills with an understanding of how to use software tools, along with good processes, to improve team and project success.
- A strong business background that shows proven results.
- Demonstrable experience working with remote and dispersed teams across different time zones.
- A deep background in any combination of these items will help the successful candidate exceed in this role: contracting, building systems, building automation, building controls, commercial real estate, software technologies.
PAY AND BENEFITS
OTI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The successful candidate will receive competitive compensation depending on qualifications. Our full benefits package includes medical, vision and dental insurance along with a 401k plan that includes company contributions. Paid vacation time is also offered.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
OTI specializes in installing, programming, and integrating control systems and other IOT building technologies for commercial buildings including retail properties, data centers, commercial office buildings, hospitals and higher education facilities. We offer end-to-end support for existing systems, new control installations and ongoing OT/IT network management. Our team is distributed throughout North America with project work ongoing in more than 40 states.