OTI, Operational Technology Integrators, is looking for an enthusiastic and passionate team member with strong IT process and operations skills to join our growing team as IT Administrator. In this role you will work closely with our Vice President of Technology and Technology Management teams to provide IT support to both internal and customer systems, as well as participate in projects that encompass the implementation of servers and infrastructure for smart building solutions all over the West Coast and throughout the U.S.
The first big thing you’ll do is help design and implement our internal policies and procedures for IT desktop and server support. You’ll assist and help further define a wide range of key support indicators, feedback cycles, and project reviews for Windows, Apple and Linux computers used by both our internal staff and customer computers. You’ll ensure that our current IT needs and those of our managed service customers meet or exceed the expectations based on open standards protocols. You’ll also be responsible for repeating successes across all existing and future OTI customer networks across North America.
Automation and remote monitoring tools are key enablers that allow us to manage thousands of computers with a relatively small staff. We’re lean, dedicated, and we encourage promotion from within. Opportunities for training and learning new skills will present themselves daily.
KEY ELEMENTS OF THIS ROLE
Under minimal supervision, the successful IT Admin will take ownership of security, routing and switching support activities and create effective solutions across our workforce, which is distributed widely throughout the United States, Mexico and Canada.
- Provide IT support to internal staff and customer systems including desktops, light server and infrastructure.
- Become proficient in scripting solutions using Connectwise Automate and deploy those solutions to internal and customer desktops and servers.
- Identify the need, facilitate the evaluation and selection of tools and technologies to meet growing needs across internal functions.
- Deploy new systems for Internal Staff and Customer systems and automate the process where possible.
- Assist in the preparation of critical systems for smart building projects including staging equipment, burning-in new switches, routers and servers and assisting on implementation projects as needed.
- Establish trust and respect across OTI in order to explain and enforce the internal IT policies of the organization.
- Collaborate with the IT team to design and develop metrics, reports and processes that drive key business decisions and improve business performance.
- Consult with internal managers and business leaders to identify gaps/opportunities for process improvements, revenue growth and client satisfaction.
- Keep technology documentation up to date for both internal and customer networks.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE HAS THESE CHARACTERISTICS
- Diplomatic team player who can work cross-functionally and collaboratively across the organization.
- Results-driven and hands-on with a strong ability to transfer knowledge to staff members and customers.
- Great people skills and a keen understanding of how to use software tools and technical knowledge to improve team and customer relationships.
- Experience in troubleshooting Windows (all versions), Apple products and a variety of server products.
- Demonstrable experience working with remote access and vertical line of business applications.
- Be on-time, available and demonstrate the desire to advance and elevate your knowledge to work in new and exciting Smart Building project as the opportunity presents.
- A deep background in any combination of these items will help the successful candidate excel in this role:
- Microsoft Office products
- Office 365
- LabTech or AutoMate
- Cisco or HP Hardware preparation
- Mobile device expertise in iPhone, Android, Windows phone or similar
PAY AND BENEFITS
OTI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The successful candidate will receive competitive compensation depending on qualifications. Our full benefits package includes medical, vision and dental insurance along with a 401k plan that includes company contributions. Paid vacation time is also offered.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.