OTI, Operational Technology Integrators, is looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Network Engineer to join our IT team. The ideal candidate for this position exhibits a strong understanding of IT process and operations skills. In this role, you will work closely with our Vice President of Technology and Technology Management teams to provide network and security consulting to support both internal and customer systems. The person in this position will also participate in projects that encompass the implementation of servers and infrastructure for smart building solutions all over the West Coast and U.S.
The first big thing you’ll do is help redefine, shape and operationalize our Infrastructure as a Service product. You’ll assist and help provide structure around a wide range of key support indicators, feedback cycles and project reviews for firewalls, switches, routers and other infrastructure equipment used in smart buildings. You’ll ensure that our current IT processes and those of our managed service customers meet or exceed expectations based on open standards protocols. In addition, you’ll have the opportunity to participate in a wide range of virtualization and storage projects that span our customer base.
KEY ELEMENTS OF THIS ROLE
Under minimal supervision, the successful Network Engineer will take ownership of security, routing and switching support activities and create effective solutions across our workforce, which is distributed widely throughout the United States, Mexico and Canada.
- Design, implement, install, configure, maintain, test and integrate local or enterprise wireless and wired computer networks.
- Design, implement, configure, and enforce security controls on network, hardware, and software components and devices.
- Perform research and document logical and physical solutions that prevent, detect and correct the system to be assessed and authorized.
- Support, troubleshoot, install and configure routers, switches, firewalls.
- Ensure security protocols across the network platform.
- Develop network and voice configuration documentation for customers.
- Maintain industry certifications as required.
- Provide end user training on solutions.
- Provide IT support to internal staff and customer systems and provide backfill support for desktops, light server and infrastructure.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE HAS THESE CHARACTERISTICS
- Diplomatic team player who can work cross-functionally and collaboratively across the organization.
- Results-driven and hands-on with a strong ability to transfer knowledge to staff members and customers.
- Great people skills and a keen understanding of how to use software tools and technical knowledge to improve team and customer relationships.
- Experience in troubleshooting network issues of all shapes and sizes with an ability to think outside the box.
- Demonstrable experience working with remote access and vertical line of business applications.
- Be on-time, available and demonstrate the desire to advance and elevate your knowledge to work in new and exciting Smart Building project as the opportunity presents.
- A deep background in any combination of these items will help the successful candidate excel in this role:
- Cisco IOS and range of equipment from 9200 Series to Enterprise, ASA/ NMS, TACACS+ / BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, and various Intrusion Detection protocols.
- Network design and expertise is providing redundant, scalable solutions for both customer networks and internal managed services offerings.
PAY AND BENEFITS
OTI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The successful candidate will receive competitive compensation depending on qualifications. Our full benefits package includes medical, vision and dental insurance along with a 401k plan that includes company contributions. Paid vacation time is also offered.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.